When I returned from 6 weeks of alternative cancer treatment in Germany in the autumn of 2015, I was ready to make sure that all of my body care products wouldn't contribute to negative health effects. Many (or even most!) products include carcinogens (chemicals known to cause cancer) and endocrine-disrupting chemicals (which may contribute to hormone-related cancers). I changed my hair products, my make-up, and anything else I put near or on my skin.
I Love Beautycounter
A friend introduced me to Beautycounter and I haven't looked back. It's important to me that companies list all of the ingredients they use and that each product contains a full list of ingredients. The European Union bans or restricts more than 1,400 ingredients, Canada restricts 600 ingredients, and the United States has only banned 30 ingredients (1). Beautycounter does not use more than 1,500 questionable ingredients, forming what they call The Never List.
All of their products are listed on the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database and I was impressed to learn that they partner with the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (formerly the Breast Cancer Fund) who's mission is to expose and eliminate the environmental causes of breast cancer. Many organizations cite that 5-10% of cancers are caused by genetics while the remaining 90-95% are cause by our environment.
Beautycounter's full line of products include:
- Skin Care - Cleansers & Toners, Moisturizers, Face Oils & Serums, Eye Care, Sun Protection, and Lip Care
- Makeup - Face, Eyes, Lips, Makeup Removers, and Brushes & Bags
- Bath & Body - Moisturizers, Body Wash & Scrubs, Hair Care, Sun Protection, Shaving, and Hand Care
- Family - Babies & Kids
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!
Ready to use great Beautycounter products? Shop now at my site: www.Beautycounter.com/ColleenFlowers
By purchasing Beautycounter products through me, I'm able to make this site available for you and continue the breast cancer treatments I do. Thank you!
- Alternative cancer treatment in Germany
- Biannual breast cancer screening
- Monthly Vitamin C IVs
- Monthly Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) shots
- Monthly acupuncture treatments
- Monthly mental health counseling
- Regular Ozone Therapy
- Regular blood work and visits with my oncologist
- Weekly infrared saunas
- Daily vitamins and supplements
- Daily nourishing teas