Meetups in Berlin
In 2017 I moved with my husband from the US to Berlin. As a Holistic Reproductive & Sexuality Educator, I have participated in and facilitated a variety of group meetings for several years. Holistic simply means the WHOLE person... mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and physical.
This is a group for women age 20ish-40ish (and young men are welcome too!) who are dealing with cancer and want to hang out with others on a similar journey. Each week we'll check in with each other, do a short relaxing activity, and then talk about a variety of holistic topics relating to our mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and/or physical health. Sometimes we meet in parks or cafes instead of a flat. We also do other things together in addition to the Meetup... meet for coffee, go to yoga, go to Improv Comedy shows, attend local workshops, or even go dancing! This group is a safe space for everyone.
- Weekly at various locations
- Past topics have included Art Expression, Juicing vs Smoothies, Music Therapy & Sound Healing, Nutrition, Books, Meditation, Mindfulness, Guided Visualizations, Relationships, Career, Kids, Humor, Detoxing, Depression, Anxiety, Prayer, and Exercise.
- "Rates of depression and other psychological disorders are substantially higher in adolescents and young adults with cancer when compared with older adults." (1)
This is a support group for anyone who has been given a diagnosis of cancer. Whether you're currently in treatment or have been in remission for years, you are welcome to join us. The format of each group will be a short introduction, then a time of sharing with the group, a short relaxation experience (like listening to music or a guided visualization), and then time to talk with others. You are welcome to leave at any time and this is a safe space for everyone.
- Monthly at the Berliner Krebsgesellschaft
- "Support groups have been known to reduce anxiety and stress, emotional distress and depression, fatigue and the experience of pain, as well as to improve mood, self-image, ability to cope with stress, sexual enjoyment and overall feelings of control." (Unity Point Health)
Local Resources in Berlin
- Offering 25 free psychotherapy sessions to women after a diagnosis of breast cancer and DCIS (German, English, Greek), various courses & workshops (Yoga & Breath, Family Constellations, and Body Painting), aura cleaning, and energy work.
- Offering integrative, biological, and alternative cancer and chronic disease treatment (German, English)
- Offering somatic work (bodywork) in the Pantarei Approach and Grinberg Method as well as yoga classes (English, German)
- Offering Tibetan Singing Bowls and Planetary Calibrated Tuning Forks to create a new medicine grounded in sound, geometry, mathematics, self healing, and love (Hebrew, English)
- Offering individual psycho-oncology counseling by a psychologist (German, English); financial support; room for group meetings; supervisory support for group leaders (German); and talks, groups, and guide books (German)
- Offering medical advice, psycho-oncology counseling, and courses (mostly German, some English)
Places I Love to Eat...
- Hope Superfood Deli - fresh-pressed juices, smoothies, good food!
Akazienstraße 28, 10823 Berlin
- Two Planets - fresh-pressed juices, smoothies, good food!
Hermannstraße 230, 12053 Berlin
- W - Der Imbiss - good food!
Nollendorfstraße 10, 10777 Berlin
- A Never Ever Ending Love Story - breakfast!
Kantstraße 25, 10623 Berlin
- Cafe Dritter Raum - weekend brunch!
Hertzbergstraße 14, 12055 Berlin
- Hallesches Haus - good food!
Tempelhofer Ufer 1, 10961 Berlin
- Fellfisch Café & Schmuck - good food!
Emser Str. 120, 12051 Berlin
- Myxa Café Berlin - good food!
Lenaustraße 22, 12047 Berlin
- La Bionda - pizza, good dinner!
Bergmannstraße 31, 10961 Berlin
- Nosh Deli - good dinner!
Leberstraße 21, 10829 Berlin
- Saigon Green - Vietnamese!
Kantstraße 23, 10623 Berlin
- Croissanterie - croissants!
Pannierstraße 56, 12047 Berlin