Welcome! ♡ ♡ ♡
I hope you enjoy reading about my journey as much as I've enjoyed sharing about it. I'd love to hear what you have to say in the comments section. Before posting, please read the Comment Policy located at the bottom of the page and check out my FAQs.
To see the entire Blog Index, go here.
First of all, I would love to hear from you and what you have to say. I do a lot of talking on here and would enjoy hearing the other side of this conversation. What's been an amazing experience for you on this journey? What were the kind words that people said to you that made your day, week, or year? This journey can sometimes feel so very lonely and isolating. The more that people comment, the more that all of us we know that to some degree we're not alone.
Please know that all comments are filtered through a third party before they are approved per their discretion and posted. Therefore, it may take a day or 2 before they appear on the site. Be sure to read the list below... you might have something really great to say, but if you include words or phrases that aren't allowed, then that will prevent your comment from appearing on this site.
- Share your experience. It's amazing what happens when we say out loud or write out an aspect of the life we live. You may hear or see yourself say things that you might not have otherwise have known. Perhaps just how strong you are, or how wise you've been, or all of the things you have accomplished become apparent to you!
- Be kind. There are enough voices out in the world and inside our own heads judging and critiquing us at any given moment. When I write, the tone in my head is kind (unless I'm ranting about something... then you'll know it).
- Offer grammatical or proofreading corrections. I graduated with a BA in English (Writing), but sometimes my fingers and eyes miss something. Poor punctuation or spelling makes my skin crawl too, so just let me know.
- Come back again! If you've made a comment, suggestion, or responded to someone else, remember to continue to the conversation. Maybe you mention the small town you live in out in the boonies and love the doctor you're seeing. Then someone from that same small town would love to have that referral. Help a sister/brother out!
I like the Comment Policy at The Mary Sue. I've quoted some of it below.
- No name calling. In addition to the regular derogatory names you can call someone, this also includes "the words 'people like you' or statements which begin 'I bet you' or 'you must/probably' etc." Cursing is okay; gratuitous and crass swearing is not okay.
- No trolls, devil's advocates, or jerks. If you honestly disagree with something, you can simply say it. Talk from your own experience or link to a published study. A comment won't be deleted for just disagreeing with my opinion or suggestion; it will be deleted if it's rude.
- No hate speech or "Can't you take a joke?" mentality. "This includes, but is not limited to: [...] comments which denigrate women, feminism or feminists, the LGBTQ community; broad imprecations or assumptions based on race; and anything that amounts to 'ugh the gays,' 'ugh liberals,' 'ugh, fangirls,' etc."
- No spamming. If you have a site, blog, business, or product that aligns with the topic, then feel free to share it. If you want to help my readers enlarge their member (*wink*wink*), then I'll tell you right now you're wasting your time. Also, keeping your comment to no more than 500 words is a great idea.
- Over the years a few people have fearfully approached me in person or virtually about my spiritual beliefs and practices. If what I write or believe evokes strong feelings in you, "please look inside and get curious about whether those feelings have more to do with you and your life than they do about me and mine" (Glennon Doyle Melton at Momastery). And instead of approaching me, please take your fear, worry, and concerns to God.